- Add 1 day to the estimated delivery date from the tracking page on Amazon (i.e. +1 day after the estimated delivery date (city+ state))
- If we don't find any Tracking Numbers +1 day after the estimated delivery date (city+ state), we try to find a tracking number with 3-6 days estimated delivery date from now (city + state)
If we cannot find a tracking number based on the above information we will do the following:
- If we get the estimated delivery date then we will try the estimated delivery date +1 days and then add a day every hour until we reach a maximum +8 days.
- If we don't have an estimated delivery date available then we will search 3 to 6 days initially. If we don't find a tracking number for 3 to 6 days then every hour we will add a day to the 6 days until we reach a maximum of 13 days from the date of receiving the tracking number.
- If we still cannot find a tracking number then we will add the words "COULD NOT SWAP" to the tracking number section for that order and also throw the following error within the notes of the order: Attempted to generate a valid tracking number, but we were unable to swap this TN since we didn’t find a good match after retrying 100x. Please generate a tracking number manually from http://tracktaco.com/
- We always use UTC for time comparisons and also display the delivery time including hours + minutes.
- Once a tracking number is allocated it will never be used again
- You can buy credits in bulk and swap tracking on demand or automatically
- Both Manual and Auto-swap within Sage will check if the tracking number has already been used by another Walmart seller prior to allocating to any of our users
- We prioritize consistently aiming to ship from the 5 biggest shipment origins